Thursday, January 8, 2009

Blumenfeld



whilst on the theme of idols in my youth ...........

I met the grandson of one of the most influential photographers and artists in my life yesterday. Casually over a beer on Waiheke as you do, I almost fell off my chair. 

I had a print of the Eiffel Tower image framed in my room (at a huge investment at the time) as a teenager. When you go back to the masters, you get so much of the foundation of our current photographic trends. 

Revisiting his body of work today I am again humbled by the breakthroughs in photographic imagery this genius made. He died the year I was born.  

Show studio has a collection of his experiments in advertising - the films of Erwin Blumenfeld.

enjoy x

2 comments:

Luna Supernova said...

Fantastic blog, great work. I brought the top print on a postcard at the Eiffle Tower when i was visiting Paris last year and have been in love with it ever since.

SAFEST said...

B2B Directory for

replica

exporters

importers

dropshippers

online supplier

china

chinese

wholesale

wholesale product

wholesale trade

china wholesale